dermamelan® pigmentation treatment
Gold standard treatment for melasma world-wide
What is melasma and do I suffer from it?
Hyperpigmentation is a very common skin disorder. It presents itself in brown patches, commonly found on the hands and face. In some cases it is referred to as: Melasma.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
Skin tone is defined by the presence of melanin. Darker skins have higher amounts of melanin, and lighter skins, have lower amounts of melanin. Often, Melasma occurs when there is an increased melanin production. This creates a darker skin tone in some areas, leaving the skin blotchy and uneven. Causes of skin pigmentation can range from genetic predisposition - aggravated by high exposure to strong sunlight, to hormonal changes - such a pregnancy, menopause or taking oral contraceptives.
How does dermamelan® help?
dermamelan® acts by blocking the melanin-producing enzyme (Tyrosinase), therefore reducing the production of melasma.
The dermamelan® Procedure
dermamelan® is a professional treatment, and therefore must be administed by a qualified and experienced practitioner. The treatment consists of two phases:
• Phase 1 takes place in the clinic. It involves a detailed skin analysis and diagnosis. The dermamelan® mask is applied to the skin after which the patient is sent home with instructions to remove the mask after 8 – 12 hours.
• Phase 2 involves homecare over the next 3 months. In some cases longer this phase carries on for much longer.
dermamelan® plus points
• Effective pigmentation treatment
• not very painful
• only one hour at the doctor/salon
• rejuvenation of the skin as an added benefit
• safe all year round
• beneficial for acne patients
• efficient homecare prolongs and maintains effect
• no hospitalisation
• downtime may vary
Who will benefit from dermamelan®?
• compatible with all skin photo types
• effective on all types of Melasma
• both men and women
• pigmentation from old scars, or even acne
• children under 12
• pregnant or breastfeeding women
• patients on Roaccutane
Results may vary and a thorough skin analysis and treatment history needs to be completed prior to treatment.
Results to be expected
A significant reduction in brown patches is detected only one week after starting treatment. The appearance of new luminous and rejuvenated skin is present, and skin continues to improve with the use of the maintenance products.
To find a practitioner in your area, please click here.